Whether your travel plans is for a business trip, seasonal or family vacation, it is always helpful to have a few easy packing tips to get your trip starting off the right foot.
- Pack light to travel light. If you can manage with a carry-on, do it. Consider bringing only half of the things you need by packing light and bring twice the money. You can make buying a few new items along the trip and make it a fun part of the adventure.
- Maximize packing space. Roll your clothes, instead of the usual way of folding them. Stuff underwear, socks, and accessories in the inside of your shoes. Leave no space in your suitcase unused.
- Always bring a sarong or pashmina in your carry-on. Sarongs and pashmina can be used in different ways. It is a versatile item that it can be used as a blanket on the plane, or train and a scarf if it’s cold or a shawl on an evening out.
- Bag it. Ziplock sandwich bags can be used to hold and keep your accessories all in one place. Vacuum packing bags can also be a space saver. A trash bag can also be used in multiple ways like laundry bag to keep soiled clothes from the clean and as shoe covers.
- Pack a sleep mask and ear plugs. You will never know when you need a good and sound sleep, and time it hits you. A sleep mask and ear plugs can come in handy while on a plane, bus, train or in your hotel room.
- Pack a multi-socket extension cord. It’s best to have an extra outlet for use and to charge all of your electronics at once. This will come in handy when you’re traveling in as a couple or in a group.
- Share your packing space. When traveling as a couple, split your clothes between your bags. It will be a life saver when one luggage gets lost during the flight.
- Create packing compartments. Don’t underestimate the power of the packing cubes. Packing cubes will keep your suitcase organized if you are visiting more than one city during your trip. It will save you from having to pack and unpack.
- Skip airport snacks and make your own. Keep your hunger at bay and save a bit of money while at it by making and bringing your own snacks in case you have a delayed flight.
- Extra copies of documents before leaving home. If you’re traveling out of the country, make sure two photocopies of your passport. Use your smartphone to take pictures of your car in the airport’s parking garage and do the same for your luggage and its contents in case it gets lost.
These few proven packing tips and advice will save you some headache along your trip. On your next travel take the time to pack ahead and not on the last minute. You only need to pack smartly once, and you’ll be hooked at doing so every time afterwards.