Can you hear summer calling? Before hitting the beach, feeling the sand between your toes, and taking those clothes off, let us first do a round up on some tips for staying healthy this summer. And since most of us are too excited to get with the nitty-gritty details of any of these, here are tips for a healthy skin the whole summer long!
Stay cool with 8 glasses / day water intake.
It is the recommended daily requirement for water intake. Now a standard glass is at 240ml, and multiplied that by eight, is a whooping ~2L a day water intake. I hear you — how can someone take 2L/day of water. Now hear me out. It is vital that your vital organs to not shrivel from dehydration. Can you hear them crying from thirst? Ofcourse not. But it does not mean they do not need it.
- Carry water canisters with you, and refill that solid tube should you need to.
- Use a face, and/or body spritzer to keep your skin cool when, or on days when you’re out under sun too long.
To burn, or not to burn
What’s a summer if not to show off your sun-kissed complexion afterwards, right? Few years from now, you might regret that you ever set foot out into the mercy of the sun when your skin is 5 years older than how old you really are. Concrete, sand, and water can reflect 85% – 95% of the UV rays, and you can burn even during a cloudy day. Too much sun exposure without protection will result to sun damaged skin, early signs of skin aging, and a higher risk for skin cancer.
- Stay out of the summer sun in the middle of the day.
- Wear dark, woken woven clothing, and wide-brimmed hats
- Wear SPF lotion when you go out, and reapply at least every 2 hours depending on activity.
- Do a healthy skin care routine.
- Do not stay under the sun at when the sun is at highest in the sky, at around 10 AM – 4 PM.
Just because it is a season of fun, and frolic that we should forget to take care of ourselves. The future you will love the younger you, if you always have health in mind as a top priority. Thankies to travel buddy Ching Lim of www.chingtheviewfinder.com
for the photos! Happy summer – enjoy, let loose, but stay healthy pretties!
- SIARGAO ISLAND | Stay-worthy Buddha’s Surf Resort
- TRAVEL GUIDE | Things to Do In Siargao Island