An half an hour or so, we passed by Badian town proper and the bus conductor told us our stop was a few minutes away from there. I was afraid we might miss our stop but good thing the conductor knew where to drop us off. We stopped by Sto. Tomas de Villanueva Parish Church. The Matutinao Beach Resort is located right in front of the church. We checked in for the night, as we decided to stay there, and get enough rest before the canyoneering activity the next day.
It also has a restaurant for inhouse and visiting guests. The food range around 180-250PhP per viand but can be shared by 3-4 people. The open restaurant brims with the guides, and the canyoneering guests, where lunch includsion in the canyoneering package is prepared and served. The resort always have this jolly and positive energy even when night sets in.
We decided to get some shut eye, and rest and later went to the town proper to buy personal provisions, and also check out the recommended Lambug Beach in town.
UPDATE MADE: April 2017
Images sent by Matutinao Beach Resort
The Matutinao Beach Resort accommodation now is far from the one we have stayed at. We stayed at nipa huts which can accommodate 2-3 persons. It was not the best accommodation but it was comfortable with basic amenities. Today however, the resort has upgraded with rooms lined up facing the beach . The accommodations is now a modern concrete structure and rooms having comfortable beds, television, and airconditioning. To
Matutinao Beach Resort
Contact Number – 09068420949 (Look for Delia)
- Where to Stay in Cebu City
- Cebu’s Lechon at Carcar City
- White Beach, Moalboal, Cebu
- Where to Stay in Moalboal
- Kawasan Canyoneering Guide
- Deep Blue Waters of Kawasan Falls
- Staying at Matutinanao Beach Resort at Badian, Cebu
- Lambug Beach, Badian, Cebu
- Conquering Osmeña Peak, Dalaguete Cebu
- Tumalog Falls, Oslob Cebu
- Terrible Whale Shark Watching Experience
- Cheap Accommodation at Oslob Cebu