Last year was an awesome year. Apart from travels, there are other things in 2013 that I am thankful for. Here’s a lottle, a little but a lot, bit more things I learned in during my travels, and adventures in 2013.
- Planning travels, and involving your family on your plans makes it easier for them to sleep through the night.
- Health is a priority that even budget can not curb.
- There should ALWAYS be “extras” even in budget traveling. You will never know when you need extra cash should you find yourself stranded.
- Intuition is like a voice of another person looking at your situation at a different angle. Listen to it.
- Being fearless is never always courageous, sometimes it’s also plain being st*pid to getting you in trouble.
- An umbrella can be used as weapon when you do not have anything on you. Think Padawan.
- You do not have to be an excellent swimmer. You just need to learn how to float, and try not to swallow water while you’re at it.
- The best conversation starter is, actually, a smile. A genuine, and not a sly one. Then again, who knows.
- “No.”, is a complete sentence which is also best to follow with a “Thank you.”
- Locals no matter how accommodating, are also suspicious, but will amused if you try to speak in their own dialect, or language.
- Genuine friendships are accidents designed by the universe.
- Love is a decision.
- Happiness is a choice.
So I want another great year — a different kind of great than the ones I have had. The kind that would not outdo the previous years before because I believe those years were stands outs in their own. I want another standout, another kind of year that would help me grow to become what is intended of me. And this time, I understand that there is more to bravery than jumping of high cliffs.