Can you hear summer calling? Before hitting the beach, feeling the sand between your toes, and taking those clothes off, let us first do a round up on some tips for staying healthy this summer. And since most of us are too excited to get with the nitty-gritty details of any of these, here are tips for a healthy skin the whole summer long!
- Carry water canisters with you, and refill that solid tube should you need to.
- Use a face, and/or body spritzer to keep your skin cool when, or on days when you’re out under sun too long.
Do Not Fry Yourself
What’s a summer if not to show off your sun-kissed complexion afterwards, right? Few years from now, you might regret that you ever set foot out into the mercy of the sun when your skin is 5 years older than how old you really are. Concrete, sand, and water can reflect 85% – 95% of the UV rays, and you can burn even during a cloudy day. Too much sun exposure without protection will result to sun damaged skin, early signs of skin aging, and a higher risk for skin cancer.
- Stay out of the summer sun in the middle of the day.
- Wear dark, woken woven clothing, and wide-brimmed hats
- Wear SPF lotion when you go out, and reapply at least every 2 hours depending on activity.
- Do a healthy skin care routine.
- Do not stay under the sun at when the sun is at highest in the sky, at around 10 AM – 4 PM.
Just because it is a season of fun, and frolic that we should forget to take care of ourselves. The future you will love the younger you, if you always have health in mind as a top priority. Thankies to travel buddy Ching Lim of www.chingtheviewfinder.com for the photos! Happy summer – enjoy, let loose, but stay healthy pretties!